New for 2012! • Get all the details in this pdf!
Dude Ranch Experience – Lunch & Dinner included
Step-on guided tour via motor coach from Lake George through Dude Ranch country to Lake Luzerne, Hadley, Thurman with destination stop at 1000 Acres Dude Ranch to enjoy BBQ, hay ride and, depending on the time of year, sing-along with Cowboy Ernie. Then board the 4:45 Saratoga and North Creek Railway right at 1000 Acres and enjoy dinner in the dome car while you travel by rail to Saratoga Springs. Return to hotel by motor coach.
Saratoga Springs – Lunch included. City of Victorian architecture, horses and baths/mineral springs, not to mention birth place of the potato chip! Step-on guided tour via motor coach from your hotel to Saratoga Springs with costumed interpreter, Luisa Sherman, dressed smartly in her museum-quality 1909 traveling outfit. Luisa’s motto: “Wherever history has been made, we bring it to life.” Lunch at the venerable Gideon Putnam Hotel on the grounds of the Saratoga Spa State Park, followed by a visit to the Auto Museum to admire a different kind of horse power!. Optional: visit to the Saratoga Casino and Raceway.
Don’t Just Read About History! Truly Experience it! Lunch included. Step-on costumed guide Luisa Sherman rides with the group to Fort Ticonderoga and tours the Fort exhibits with the group, providing unique and personal insight into life during the French & Indian War and American Revolutionary War eras. Afterwards, stop for lunch at Martucci’s Restaurant, overlooking the waters of northern Lake George. Continue to the village of Lake George where Luisa will continue her discussion of how Lake George was a vital super highway of the 1700’s and its key military importance.
Call for details or other itineraries both one day and multi-day. I look forward to working with you!
Get all the details in this pdf!
- #1 Old Forge, Gilded Age, Lake Placid, Plattsburgh to VT.
- #2 Alex Bay, Raquette Lake, Johnstown to Cooperstown or Albany Colonial Baron to Robber Barons
- #3 Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Gilded Age, Lake Placid, Plattsburgh
- #4 Gilded Age, Gore and Garnets to Albany
- #5 Alex Bay, Lake Placid, Valley of the Forts to Albany
- #6 From Montreal to Plattsburgh, Lake Placid, Gilded Age Tour to Utica or Cooperstown
- #7 Alex Bay, Lake Placid, Plattsburgh to Montreal or Burlington, VT.
Tour Days 1 and 5 are travel days
- Roundtrip North Creek-Riparius Return to North Creek station and depart for Lake George for lunch on own and free time to explore Lake George 1 hr paddlewheel cruise on Lake George aboard the Minne-Ha-Ha Depart for Saratoga Springs and dinner at Saratoga Gaming and Raceway.
- Depart Hotel for Great Camp Sagamore in Raquette Lake Guided tour Great Camp Sagamore Luncheon cruise on Raquette Lake with historic narration 90 minute Wilderness Train Ride Thendara, NY. Dinner in a number of places, including the hotel where staying.
- Depart Hotel for Lake Placid Pick up your step-on guide Sally who will direct you to the Marina Half the group on boat ride while Sally and other half head for John Brown’s Farm. Other half on boat ride while Sally takes the first half to John Brown’s farm. Motor coach back to Marina to pick up second half. Drops whole group off on Main St. for lunch on their own and shopping. Lunch on own and explore downtown Lake Placid Board motorcoach at municipal parking lot and drive to train station. Meet your step-on guide Sally. Board the train. One way train ride from Lake Placid to Saranac Lake with guide Sally. Coach deadheads. Departing Saranac Lake train station, Sally will comment on Saranac Lake’s history as you head back to Lake Placid. Then a guided tour historic Lake Placid, including the Olympic venues Dinner Lake Placid Back to hotel 2.5 hours later.
in upstate New York and Vermont
• An Adirondack – Lake Champlain Tour • 6 Days/Nights •